Friday, May 17, 2013

Favorite Things: Ten

{Part of a Friday series with AlexStar and Lee that celebrates our power to discern, discriminate, decide and declare. Please join us in the comments or on your own site if you have a few favorites, too.}

Favorite Fiber

:: Well, this might be cheating a little to have this in here. I mean, come on.

Wool is the super-fiber, it does everything except tie your shoes, and it has such immense history and tradition tying us together with the world. The sheep is not a particularly glamorous animal, nor is it clever, but it has thrived and flourished in step with mankind because of its indispensable coat, which was one of our original renewable resources. Put grass in, wool comes out.

IMG_1387

If we really squeeze the thing, though, my favorite blend is MCN (merino, cashmere, nylon). Soft, resilient, lustrous, all the liveliness of wool with the luxury of cashmere and a touch of nylon to hold it all together. In a word, perfect.

Favorite Blog(s) *other than my friends'*

:: I read blogs for two reasons, folks: beautiful photography and hilarity. I also love food and crafty inspiration and all that jazz, but the blogs that become my favorites that I actually just read because I enjoy them almost always have those two factors in common.

I do tend to read food blogs more often than anything. Perhaps food people are just awesome, but I also suspect that it's because I am a glutton and gorgeous photos of well-appointed comestibles hits me right where it counts. The ones that I have followed for years, therefore, are:

The Smitten Kitchen
Have Cake Will Travel
Joy the Baker
Orangette

My favorite photographer blogs (for a variety of reasons, chief among them, well, duh):

Hula Seventy
The Weaver House

I also love that those ladies are local. It makes me feel close to...something. Success?

No comments:

Post a Comment