Tuesday, November 30, 2010

on love

So far I've been approaching this blog as fiber-exclusive and leaving all that other 'life' stuff to my other blog and never the twain shall meet. But seriously, doesn't that kind of segregation get a bit tiresome? So perhaps this blog is about the things that I truly love about this world, which happens to include a lot of fiber. And a lot of grey and red.

IMG_2130
This is the house that my grandfather built on the Oregon coast, where we went visiting on Sunday. The one thing that I love (exclusive of my people, bien sur) more than wool? The Oregon coast. I love all beaches, but none quite so much as we have here.

IMG_2140

It's not something that I can explain exactly. It's about how relatively empty they are, and how soft the sand is from those big Pacific waves, and our incredible hills and the fog and the clean smell and oh, just Everything.

IMG_2154

IMG_2224

IMG_2248

And lookie, there's me wearing that hat I just made. So there's fiber involved as well.

IMG_2258

IMG_2268

I could do this all day, but instead if you're as crazed for coastal images as I am, you can see all the waves and sand you want in the flickr set.

IMG_2204

Kinda makes you want to curl up and knit now, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment