Saturday, February 19, 2011

it was all so sudden...

This last Thursday I got to take a train across the river and up (Up = North).

IMG_2993

shot_1297963159863
(I did remember my camera, but forgot to renew the battery. So I interspersed precious moments of 'real' photography with phone camera photography, and apparently my phone thought that I was in a Hitchcock film.)

All the way to Tacoma! And Madrona.

shot_1297971358294

With my good mates Star, Lee and Sorren! And since I am a dope and people usually hate having cameras stuffed in their faces besides, I have no adorable group shots. But I did catch some other important stuff.

IMG_3004

IMG_3005

IMG_3017

IMG_3014
(Look! It's Lee and Star!)

We ran into a bunch of friends and a few famous people and generally basked in the glory of the fancy hotel and the even greater luxury of a day off from our lives.

IMG_3003

I realize that I kind of fail at the storytelling end of things here, relying overmuch on pictures and cryptic half-phrases. But really, what more can I say about an entire day in the company of great people, doing the things that we love to do best? The weather was marvelous, we packed the best collaborative picnic basket I've had in years, and many hilarious and unrepeatable stories were made and shared. And we ended our stay in Tacoma here, and that, my friends, is all I have to say about that.

shot_1297990501590

shot_1297990323830

No comments:

Post a Comment