Sunday, October 10, 2010

i heart fiber

No great surprise, I seriously wake up in the morning excited about wool. I recently splurged on The Knitter's Book of Wool and it's like she made that book for me. I want mountains of it, in a dozen sheep breeds, just to play with. If I didn't have a family, I would never leave its side. As it is, it's pretty hard to tear me away.

IMG_1430

This happy pile is (most of) my booty from this year's Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival, doesn't it kind of make you want to swoon? I definitely had some color themes this year, and it's going to be mighty hard to choose which ones to sell out of that bundle...this cashmere/merino (50/50, i mean really folks, that a ton of cashmere) blend from Lisa Souza in the colorway 'Bhutan' was my only splurge, and I'm saving it for some really dark and rainy winter day.

IMG_1387

But surprisingly enough, the one that didn't even make it into a photoshoot until it was already a finished object was this straight up merino by Maiden Skeins I got home, spun up, navajo plied and turned into a hat (with some help from Alex, heh heh) lickety-split. And now it lives on my head (except in pictures, my head doesn't do too many pictures).

IMG_1490

IMG_1489

That pom-pom is the definition of squoosh. So what's next? Aside from some knitting that may or may not prove to be exciting, perhaps one of these little darlings...

IMG_1383

Honestly, a girl can lose sleep over these happy quandaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment