Monday, February 10, 2014

I scream, you scream...

This is the way it happens: Warm air (usually off the Pacific) crowds down on top of the cold front that has brought our snow. The clouds thaw, but we down below are still chilly so when they let go their weight our world gets covered in a sheet of ice. It's beautiful.





It is also quite treacherous. Trees break, roads are downright wicked, walking is for the adventurous. People actually strapped on skates and used the streets as an ice rink. Magical, but at this point I will be glad when it's melted and I can open the doors to my car again, when the animals' waters stay liquid, and I can send my youngest outdoors to frolic without physically holding her upright. It will happen soon, the cold never lasts long around here. In the meantime, I am thoroughly enjoying scenes like this one:





2 comments:

  1. Awww, he is looking so old! Beautiful photos, glad to see you all out enjoying the cold weather (I know you love it). N is already asking when Spring starts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hello, friends! It is starting to be that time of year when I am looking forward to spring, too...the little crocus points peeking up and the garden looking in need of some rejuvenation. I am ready for the fallow season to quicken into something new!

      Delete